The original is here. This version includes Kayla’s modifications that have made her pumpkin pie the envy of all! It’s also better made the day before, cooled and put in the frig. If your spices are old, double up on the spices to avoid it turning out a bit bland.
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 large eggs
- 1 can (15 oz.) LIBBY’S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1 can (12 fl. oz.) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1 teaspoon of Kahlua
- 1 unbaked 9-inch (4-cup volume) deep-dish pie shell
- Whipped cream (optional) (I have no idea who thinks whipped cream is optional)
Preheat oven to 425° F
- Sugar, cinnamon, salt, ginger and cloves in small bowl.
- Beat eggs in large bowl.
- In the large bowl with the eggs, stir in pumpkin and sugar-spice mixture.
- Gradually stir in evaporated milk.
POUR into pie shell.
- In preheated 425° F oven for 15 minutes.
- Reduce temperature to 350° F and bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean (per Kayla: “That knife should come out clean as a whistle!”.
- Cool on wire rack for 2 hours. Serve immediately or refrigerate.
- Top with whipped cream before serving (again, who thinks whipped cream is optional?!?)